When I want to make an easy dinner that satisfies my appetite for meat and potatoes, this is my first choice. To amp up homemade taste, sub in from-scratch or warmed refrigerated mashed potatoes. —Janet Chen, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 slices Old-World Pizza Meat Loaf, cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in potato flakes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn and soup; gently fold in meat loaf. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Stir cheese and green onions into potatoes; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Next Day Meat Loaf Pie in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p23
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Next Day Meat Loaf Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review