- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 slices Old-World Pizza Meat Loaf, cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in potato flakes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn and soup; gently fold in meat loaf. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Stir cheese and green onions into potatoes; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Next Day Meat Loaf Pie
"loved it! Made it in muffin tins for easy freezing as we are two retirees and leftovers can be a problem. I'm going to keep this recipe in mind when I have leftover sweet potatoes and give it a try."
"Made this recipe this week and enjoyed it very much......The only thing I changed was to use fresh potatoes instead of instant as that is what I had on hand....It is a keeper."
"I am not a huge Shepard's pie fan, which this reminds me of, but this was soooo tasty!"