Next Day Meat Loaf Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 slices Old-World Pizza Meat Loaf (recipe also in Recipe Finder), cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in potato flakes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn and soup; gently fold in meat loaf. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Stir cheese and green onions into potatoes; spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Next Day Meat Loaf Pie(3)
Sort By :
loved it! Made it in muffin tins for easy freezing as we are two retirees and leftovers can be a problem. I'm going to keep this recipe in mind when I have leftover sweet potatoes and give it a try.
Made this recipe this week and enjoyed it very much......The only thing I changed was to use fresh potatoes instead of instant as that is what I had on hand....It is a keeper.
I am not a huge Shepard's Pie fan, which this reminds me of, but this was soooo tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >