New York-Style Cheesecake Recipe
Field editor Gloria Warczak of Cedarburg, Wisconsin says, "My mother-in-law got this recipe from an Italian friend many years ago. I added the chocolate-nut crust. It is our very favorite dessert." —Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Combine milk and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture just until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 4. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC