New York-Style Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
This cheesecake mousse actually tastes better after chilling overnight. Once chilled, it can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to three days. Berries are optional, but they're a flavorful and festive way to dress up this dessert. —Caroline Wamelink, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Divide among 12 dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. Combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl; add butter and mix well. Press to a 1/4-in. thickness on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 3. Just before serving, crumble graham cracker mixture; sprinkle over mousse. Top with strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1/4 cup (calculated without strawberries) equals 175 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for New York-Style Cheesecake Mousse
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC