- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Combine milk and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture just until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for New York-Style Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This was a pretty good cheesecake. It had great flavor, it just was not as large and presentable as I would have liked it for a large family gathering."
"My family and I absolutely LOVE this cheesecake... wouldn't change one thing about it. It is so delicious... any cheesecake lover should make this!!"
"One of the best. Easy to prepare and it tastes better than the one I buy at the local bakery. MMMM!"
"It was amazing everybody loved it.Thanks"