New York State Apple Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the eggs, butter, cream cheese and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in the apples, raisins and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 212 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for New York State Apple Muffins
"These are the best muffins ever. My family and friends love them and can never get enough. These are the only muffins I make."
"Absolutley wonderful..I omitted the raisins but otherwise followed the directions perfectly and they came out delicious.Yumm!!"
"Wonderful!! Left out the walnuts and raisins for personal preference, but still moist and yummy!"