New Year's Raisin Fritters Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 teaspoons sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter, salt, eggs, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a thick batter. Stir in raisins. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Stir down batter; cover and let rise again until doubled. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- 3. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Roll in additional sugar while warm. Yield: 6 dozen.
3 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for New Year's Raisin Fritters
"WOW what a fantastic recipe Every one loved it ..."
"hmmm good. love them. when we grew up we just called them raisin donuts. had them more than once a year too."