New Year's Eve Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a baking sheet and keep warm.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; add the shallots, Cognac and peppercorns, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in wine and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 3. Top steaks with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve sauce mixture with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1/4 cup sauce equals 444 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for New Year's Eve Tenderloin Steaks
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.