New Year's Eve Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook I bought on a cruise. My friend and I tried it and it is one of our favorites. It's easy, quick to prepare and looks so elegant on the table.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a baking sheet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; add the shallots, Cognac and peppercorns, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in wine and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Top steaks with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve sauce mixture with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as New Year's Eve Tenderloin Steaks in Reminisce Extra January 2010, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for New Year's Eve Tenderloin Steaks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >