New Year's Eve Cupcakes
What better way to ring in the New Year than with cupcakes? To decorate, simply mold Air Head candies into champagne bottles, flutes and streamers. Happy New Year! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Assorted jimmies
- Green, white and red Air Heads candies
- Gold pearl dust
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with jimmies. If necessary, microwave
- candies on high for 3- to 5-second intervals to soften. Form green
- candies into champagne bottles. Cut squares from white candies to
- form labels; press gently onto bottles to attach. Brush bottle tops
- with pearl dust.
- Shape white candy into champagne flutes. Cut thin strips of red
- candies; twist to form streamers. Decorate cupcakes with bottles,
- champagne flutes and streamers as desired. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: varies.
Editor’s Note: Pearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.