- In a heavy saucepan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- In drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove half to a
- bowl to cool. To remaining onion mixture, add flour, paprika and
- cayenne pepper. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes
- and broth; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside. To
- cooled onion mixture, add rice, turkey, parsley, salt, pepper, egg
- and bacon; mix well.
- Place about 3 to 4 tablespoon on each cabbage leaf. Roll up, tucking
- in sides. Place rolls, seam side down, on sauerkraut in Dutch oven.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut. Chop remaining cabbage leaves;
- place over sauerkraut. Pour tomato mixture over all, adding water to
- cover if necessary. Cover and bake at 325° for about 2 hours.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 401 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,468 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer