New Waldorf Salad Recipe
A nice blend of colorful fruits and nuts gives this refreshing salad a great flavor and tempting texture. "The citrusy topping dresses it up perfectly," notes Marie Engwall of Willmar, Minnesota. "It's hard to believe something so easy to fix can be this tasty and attractive."
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled green apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pear, grapes, raisins and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon and orange juices, honey and orange peel; pour over fruit mixture and stir to coat. Serve immediately in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as New Waldorf Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p10
Reviews for New Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2011
i love the dressing, very tasty and yummy :)
go well with the fruits
Reviewed May. 22, 2008
My husband doesn't normally eat fruit, but has made a exception for this salad.