THERE WERE no refrigerators or freezers when I grew up, so we were eager to taste those first fresh vegetables from the garden - especially when served with our favorite Sunday dinner.
Amidst the pork chops, fresh asparagus and rhubarb pie, these new potatoes, showered with freshly picked parsley, were a standout.
-Marilyn Kutzli, Preston, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 4 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-30 minutes or until
- tender; drain. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove skins. In a large skillet
- over medium heat, cook and stir the potatoes in butter until lightly
- browned, about 20 minutes. Stir in parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.