New Potatoes in Lemon-Dill Sauce Recipe
The recipe was passed down from some of my Ukrainian relatives. I love using the fresh dill from my garden to make the sauce.—Dannealle Misson, Pembina, North Dakota
- 12 small red potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes and dill sprigs in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl; keep warm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the snipped dill, lemon juice and salt; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3 each: 180 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for New Potatoes in Lemon-Dill Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC