New Potatoes in Lemon-Dill Sauce
The recipe was passed down from some of my Ukrainian relatives. I love using the fresh dill from my garden to make the sauce.Dannealle Misson, Pembina, North Dakota
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 12 small red potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes and dill sprigs in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Transfer
- potatoes to a serving bowl; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the snipped
- dill, lemon juice and salt; pour over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 180 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium,