The recipe was passed down from some of my Ukrainian relatives. I love using the fresh dill from my garden to make the sauce.—Dannealle Misson, Pembina, North Dakota
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
- 12 small red potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes and dill sprigs in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the snipped dill, lemon juice and salt; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as New Potatoes in Lemon-Dill Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p166
Reviews for New Potatoes in Lemon-Dill Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review