- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 bay leaves
- French bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until blended.
- Divide shrimp and bay leaves between two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Add half of the lemon mixture to each dish; toss to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring halfway. Remove bay leaves. Serve with bread. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for New Orleans-Style Spicy Shrimp
"We love this recipe as is. I only adjust amounts to however many people are eating."
"We loved this recipe, but I did modify so it would not be too spicy. I eliminated the chili garlic sauce, added only 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and since I did not have any lemons, I added the equivalent amount of lemon juice. I was delicious and we will definitely make again with the adjustments."
"This was amazing!! Perhaps a bit too much food for 2 people so I will cut everything in half next time."
"This shrimp recipe is delicious. The lemon slices add a nice layer of flavor. Served over rice.I will definitely make again."