New Orleans Brunch Eggs
My husband and I don't have any family nearby, so we often invite friends over for special weekend brunches. Of all the dishes I serve, guests seem to like this the best.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 8 slices grilled Ham
Celebrate the holidays with your favorite ham and ALDI savings.
- 8 eggs, poached
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms, chopped ham, onions and garlic in
- butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour and cayenne
- pepper. Blend in broth; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20
- minutes. To serve, place a slice of ham and an egg on each muffin
- half. Spoon sauce over each. Yield: 4-6 servings.