New Mexico-Style Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde, lime juice, cumin, salt and oregano; spread over crust. Top with chicken, corn, onions and cheese.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 285 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 923 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for New Mexico-Style Pizza
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.