Sometimes creativity and extra food in the refrigerator come together in amazing ways. Lisa Renshaw of Kansas City, Missouri writes, “This outrageously delicious pizza really was developed from combining leftovers. Now it's my husband's favorite!”
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde, lime juice, cumin, salt and oregano; spread over crust. Top with chicken, corn, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as New Mexico-Style Pizza in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p13
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for New Mexico-Style Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review