New Mexico Corn Bread Recipe
I've seen peppers used in a variety of ways, but this corn bread is one of the more traditional.—Nancy Hill, Edgewood, New Mexico
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 314 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for New Mexico Corn Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC