I've seen peppers used in a variety of ways, but this corn bread is one of the more traditional.—Nancy Hill, Edgewood, New Mexico
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as New Mexico Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p44
Reviews for New Mexico Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2014
"I would like to make a 13-9 baking dish to I just double up on the recipe ?"