I've seen peppers used in a variety of ways, but this corn bread is one of the more traditional.—Nancy Hill, Edgewood, New Mexico
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as New Mexico Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p44
Reviews for New Mexico Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review