New England Fish Bake Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets or freshwater fish (trout, catfish or pike)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. Slice 1/8 in. thick; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with flour. Top with onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour half of the milk over potatoes. Place fish on top; pour remaining milk over fish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 each: 286 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for New England Fish Bake
"I printed this one out some time back and finally tried it. My husband and I just loved it! I did end up adding a little more flour to thicken up the sauce because we like it thicker, but all in all a very good recipe we will use again!"
"This is delicious, but the potatoes were a bit soupy."
"you can add diced or sliced parsnip and carrot to potatoes for color and sweetness very good ..also rutabaga slices are good in this ...about 4 large slices"