New England Clam Chowder
"While vacationing in the New England states, we enjoyed a delicious clam chowder," recalls Rosann McWherter of Dublin, California. "When I go home, I wanted to savor the same flavor in the least amount of time. That's how this shortcut was born."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with
- cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 205 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.