New England Butternut Squash
From Coventry, Connecticut, Linda Massicotte-Black sends her side, New England Butternut Squash, which her family really loves. She writes, “This traditional fall treat is a family favorite because it's delicious and it has a hint of sweetness. Even the picky little eaters at the table enjoy this dish!”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in
- a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on
- high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the
- butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.