New England Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.
2/3 cup: 192 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for New England Butternut Squash
"This came out great. Did add salt and pepper, plus I baked in the oven, instead of using the micowave."
"I have made this recipe many times, actually, but I don't put in the maple syrup (makes it too sweet for me). I will occasionally put in some brown sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg, along with some salt and black pepper (all to taste)."
"This is a great recipe. It's very easy to make and tasty, too!!!"
"Very Good.Used mixer after i mashed. Make sure its very soft when cooked."