New England Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for New England Butternut Squash
Sort By :
"Excellent flavor! I added chopped walnuts to give some texture, though."
"This came out great. Did add salt and pepper, plus I baked in the oven, instead of using the micowave."
"I have made this recipe many times, actually, but I don't put in the maple syrup (makes it too sweet for me). I will occasionally put in some brown sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg, along with some salt and black pepper (all to taste)."
"This is a great recipe. It's very easy to make and tasty, too!!!"
"Very Good.Used mixer after i mashed. Make sure its very soft when cooked."