New England Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for New England Butternut Squash
Sort By :
Excellent flavor! I added chopped walnuts to give some texture, though.
This came out great. Did add salt and pepper, plus I baked in the oven, instead of using the micowave.
I have made this recipe many times, actually, but I don't put in the maple syrup (makes it too sweet for me). I will occasionally put in some brown sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg, along with some salt and black pepper (all to taste).
This is a great recipe. It's very easy to make and tasty, too!!!
Very Good.Used mixer after i mashed. Make sure its very soft when cooked.
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >