From Coventry, Connecticut, Linda Massicotte-Black sends her side, New England Butternut Squash, which her family really loves. She writes, “This traditional fall treat is a family favorite because it's delicious and it has a hint of sweetness. Even the picky little eaters at the table enjoy this dish!”
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Stir in the butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as New England Butternut Squash in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p25
Reviews for New England Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review