New England Boiled Dinner Recipe
I enjoy fixing this dish on chilly days. I also use this recipe on St. Patrick's Day since all the ingredients are appropriate for that traditional meal.
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 to 2 medium turnips, quartered
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into quarters
- 1. Place brisket and enclosed seasoning packet in Dutch oven with enough water to cover. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour. Add bacon; simmer 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until beef is tender.
- 2. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and keep warm. Discard bacon; strain stock. Return stock to Dutch oven. Add carrots and turnips; simmer for 10 minutes Add potatoes and onions; simmer for 15 minutes more. Add cabbage, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Return brisket to stock; heat through. Place meat on a large platter with vegetables around it. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for New England Boiled Dinner
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC