- 4 pounds Rome Beauty or McIntosh apples
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup, optional
- Peel, core and cut apples into wedges. In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except grenadine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until apples are fork-tender.
- Mash apples to a chunky texture or process with food mill for smooth sauce. Stir in grenadine if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for New England Applesauce
Sort By :
RE: New England Applesauce
How long will this keep. What is the best way to store it?
Grenadine is a red syrup, can be used in alcoholic drinks (Tequila Sunrises)... I know you can buy it at the liquor store.. Don't know where else......
What is 'Grenadine', and where do you get it? Alice. Reply to: