New England Applesauce Recipe
- 4 pounds Rome Beauty or McIntosh apples
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup, optional
- 1. Peel, core and cut apples into wedges. In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except grenadine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until apples are fork-tender.
- 2. Mash apples to a chunky texture or process with food mill for smooth sauce. Stir in grenadine if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
1/4 cup: 133 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for New England Applesauce
"RE: New England ApplesauceHow long will this keep. What is the best way to store it?"
" Grenadine is a red syrup, can be used in alcoholic drinks (Tequila Sunrises)... I know you can buy it at the liquor store.. Don't know where else......
"What is 'Grenadine', and where do you get it? Alice. Reply to:firstname.lastname@example.org"