Never-Fail Pie Crust
Even novice bakers who normally shy away from homemade pie pastry can't go wrong with this recipe. It's so easy to roll out and produces a tender, flaky crust every time.Ruth Gritter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening. Add milk and
- vinegar. Shape dough into a ball. Chill for 30 minutes. Divide dough
- in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each half to fit a
- 9-in. pie pan. Yield: 2 (9-inch crusts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.