Never-Fail Pecan Pie
This was my mother-in-law's recipe. Her famous pecan pies were always a hit—I never say anyone not enjoy every mouthful! She was kind enough to pass this recipe on to me, and it's one that I really enjoy making.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, corn syrup and
- vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover pastry edges
- with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 401 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.