This incredible pecan pie recipe came from my mother-in-law. Her pies were a were a hit everywhere she took them and I never saw anyone not enjoy each mouthful! She was kind enough to pass this recipe on to me, and it's one that I really enjoy making. —Beverly Materne, Reeves, Louisiana
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Never-Fail Pecan Pie in Reminisce Spring 1991, p37
Reviews for Never-Fail Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2015
"Well, it did not set up. So I would say this is a failing recipe. I should have used one that had reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and it is still the same consistency as when I put it in the oven."