Never-Fail Pecan Pie Recipe
This was my mother-in-law's recipe. Her famous pecan pies were always a hitI never say anyone not enjoy every mouthful! She was kind enough to pass this recipe on to me, and it's one that I really enjoy making.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Never-Fail Pecan Pie in Reminisce Spring 1991, p37
Reviews for Never-Fail Pecan Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >