Never-Fail Egg Noodles Recipe
Some 30 years ago, the small church I attended held a chicken and noodles fund-raiser supper. I was put in charge of noodles for 200 people! A dear lady shared this recipe and said it had been tried and tested by countless cooks. These noodles are just plain good eating! Kathryn Roach, Edgemont, Arkansas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg plus 3 Eggland's Best Egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg, egg yolks and water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide into thirds. Roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in. strips; cut the strips into 2-in. pieces. Place in boiling salted water or chicken broth; cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Never-Fail Egg Noodles in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p27
Reviews for Never-Fail Egg Noodles(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >