Nestled Egg Muffins
My kids think these muffins are great because the eggs "magically" cook in the shell as they rest on top of the muffin. For extra fun, we dye the eggs before baking.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 18 whole uncooked eggs, rinsed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt;
- set aside. Combine eggs, milk raisins and oil; mix well. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 18 greased or paper-lined
- muffin cups half full. Place one whole egg (with shell) on top of
- each muffin. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Cut an egg open to
- test for desired doneness. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: Uncooked eggs may be dyed with food coloring before being placed in the muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.