Nestled Egg Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 18 whole uncooked eggs, rinsed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside. Combine eggs, milk raisins and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill 18 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place one whole egg (with shell) on top of each muffin. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes. Cut an egg open to test for desired doneness. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Nestled Egg Muffins(8)
Sort By :
This looks so good!
I can't wait to try them on my grandkids.I always try to do something fun and different. These are just GREAT....
These turned out perfectly for me! I made them for Easter breakfast at my church and everyone was fascinated. I would recommend serving them warm, though they were okay cold.
It looks lovely and the muffin part sounds delicious but I'm concerned about how to get the eggshells separated from the muffin to eat both egg and muffin!!
I wondered if the eggs should not be pierced first so they don't burst?