Nesting Chicks Recipe
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 6 cups Corn Pops
- 1/2 cup jelly beans
- 16 Peeps
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Meanwhile, in a small resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring. Add coconut; seal bag and shake to tint. Set aside.
- 2. Place the cereal in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and stir until combined. Press into greased muffin cups. Let stand until serving. Remove nests from cups; top with tinted coconut, jelly beans and Peeps. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Nesting Chicks
"The coconut and jelly beans did not hold together, so I used a little bit of vanilla icing. I guess I could have saved a small bit of melted marshmallows for this. Also, I used paper baking cups to transport the nest. These were fun and easy to do and were enjoyed."