Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Poultry seasoning to taste
- 1. Cook rice mix according to package directions; set aside.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1028mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Nelda's Sausage and Rice Dressing
"I make this delicious recipe for Thanksgiving every year! Everyone absolutely loves it!"
"Made this for a Church PotLuck, everyone raved about it. Will make again."