Nectarine Plum Crisps Recipe
A fusion of late-summer fruits, these crisps make a simple dessert—and what's left can be kept for breakfast. Look for apple crisp mix in the produce department of your grocery store. —Nicole Werner, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- 1 package (9 ounces) apple crisp mix
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place crisp mix in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon half of the mixture into four 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; reserve remaining mixture for topping.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the nectarines, plums and cornstarch; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer. Sprinkle with topping.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 474 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC