A fusion of late-summer fruits, these crisps make a simple dessert—and what's left can be kept for breakfast. Look for apple crisp mix in the produce department of your grocery store. —Nicole Werner, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- 1 package (9 ounces) apple crisp mix
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place crisp mix in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon half of the mixture into four 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; reserve remaining mixture for topping.
- In another bowl, combine the nectarines, plums and cornstarch; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine Plum Crisps in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p21
Reviews for Nectarine Plum Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review