Marina Sanders of Altamont, Manitoba shares her fast four-ingredient salad complemented with an easy shake-to-make dressing that's inexpensive and, best of all, made out of items you probably already have in your pantry.
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 5 medium nectarines or peaches, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, nectarines, pecans and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine Pecan Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p44
Reviews for Nectarine Pecan Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2013
"I don't normally eat salads with fruit, but the flavor combination here is so good. Makes a lot, great for get-togethers."
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2012
"Excellent. Added black beans and had it as main dish."