Nectarine Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed fresh nectarines (about 6 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine nectarines and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, cream, extracts and salt; stir in nectarine mixture.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
2/3 cup equals 415 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.