Nectarine Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed fresh nectarines (about 6 medium)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine nectarines and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, cream, extracts and salt; stir in nectarine mixture.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
2/3 cup: 415 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Nectarine Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.