Nectarine Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 5 medium ripe nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, sugar, thyme, oil and garlic; shake well.
- 2. On a serving platter, arrange salad greens, chicken and nectarines. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 266 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Nectarine Chicken Salad
"This was very good. I used leftover cooked chicken which made it even faster. I used peaches instead of nectarines and thought a few blueberries would have been nice, too. We enjoyed this a lot -- a perfect light supper for summer time."
"Added blueberries, red onion and sliced cucumber. Used panko breaded baked chicken. Delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.