Nectarine-Cherry Compote Recipe
“I sometimes use half a vanilla bean in this dessert. Just scrape the seeds into the baking dish and tuck the pod under the fruit.” Either way, this fruity treat is a standout! —Maria Breiner, Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium nectarines, halved
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugar, rum if desired, cornstarch and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place nectarine halves, cut side down, over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with cherries.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 111 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC