- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 medium nectarines, halved
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugar, rum if desired, cornstarch and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place nectarine halves, cut side down, over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with cherries.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine-Cherry Compote in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p56
Reviews for Nectarine-Cherry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"The most delicious recipe for summer! I used plums from my plum tree instead of the cherries! Great recipe!"