- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium nectarines, halved
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugar, rum if desired, cornstarch and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place nectarine halves, cut side down, over sugar mixture. Sprinkle with cherries.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine-Cherry Compote in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p56
Reviews for Nectarine-Cherry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"The most delicious recipe for summer! I used plums from my plum tree instead of the cherries! Great recipe!"