Nectarine Blueberry Tart Recipe
To ripen nectarines, place in a brown paper bag along with an apple. Store at room temperature for several days.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- PASTRY CREAM:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt; mix until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For pastry cream, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Beat a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Pour into another small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, without stirring, until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, pour pastry cream into tart shell. Arrange nectarines and blueberries on top. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 207 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Nectarine Blueberry Tart
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC