Nectarine Blueberry Crumble Recipe
- 2-1/2 pound ripe nectarines (about 8 large)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup crushed macaroons
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1. Peel nectarines and remove pits; cut fruit into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a bowl; add the blueberries, sugar and nutmeg. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss lightly. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and egg white; mix well. Stir in macaroon crumbs and oats. Spoon over the fruit mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 195 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Nectarine Blueberry Crumble
"it was tasty but watery"
"We had an abundance of nectarines we needed to use, and this was a good way to do that. The combination of blueberries and nectarines was delicious and pretty, and the macaroons added just enough sweetness to the topping. Wish I had twice as many nectarines now so I could make more...a trip to the fruit stand tomorrow!"