Nectarine Arugula Salad Recipe
Here's a summer salad that brightens any supper. The homemade dressing with a hint of berries is perfect with arugula, nectarines and blue cheese. —Christine Laba, Arlington, Virginia
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium nectarines, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC