Nectarine Arugula Salad
"Here’s a summer salad that brightens any supper," promises Arlington, Virginia’s Christine Laba. Her homemade dressing with a hint of berries is perfect with arugula, nectarines and blue cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium nectarines, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until
- blended. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing thickens. Drizzle
- over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.