Nectarine and Beet Salad
Nectarine and Beet Salad, topped with feta cheese and balsamic dressing, comes from Nicole Werner of Ann Arbor, Michigan. She notes, “The combination of ingredients may seem unlikely, but this colorful salad is just delicious.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 1 can (13-1/4 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, nectarines and beets.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.