Nectarine, Prosciutto & Endive Salad Recipe
This tasty combo of fresh ingredients works really well together. The sweet dressing helps make this salad refreshing and addicting. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 7 medium nectarines, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 6 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 6 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Chop one nectarine; slice remaining nectarines and set aside. Place chopped nectarine in a small saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Strain and discard the solids; cool liquid completely. Whisk in the oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, thyme and pepper.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the endive, arugula, prosciutto, chives, almonds, shallot, mint and sliced nectarines. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC