Nebraska Beef Rolls
Cheese and bacon add flavor and moisture to this memorable meat loaf. It will satisfy the whole family.Marjorie McClun, Louisville, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 12 bacon strips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef and mix
- well. Shape into two 6-in. rolls. Place six bacon strips side by
- side on a large sheet of waxed paper. Place one beef roll over
- bacon. Roll up, wrapping bacon around roll; secure with toothpicks.
- Repeat. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. bake at
- 375° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a
- meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 498 calories, 39 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.