Neapolitan Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (18 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup mashed frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, well-drained
- Red liquid food coloring, optional
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar and cream. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low just until combined. Divide batter into thirds. Add melted semisweet chocolate to a third. Spread over crust. Add melted white chocolate to another third. Spread over semisweet layer. Stir strawberries and a few drops of food coloring if desired into remaining portion. Spread over white chocolate layer. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is just set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, melt semisweet chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Pour melted chocolate mixture over cheesecake. Melt white chocolate and remaining shortening. Drizzle over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Neapolitan Cheesecake(7)
Sort By :
I love cheesecake. And this one is really good. I like all three of the flavors together in one cheesecake. Its like neapolitan ice cream (only better) for adults. It is a little tedious to get all the flavors mixed up and the chocolate sauce is a bit much, but all in all, its cheesecake. Its supposed to be rich and decadent! The water bath is a must, keeps it from cracking.
I skip the chocolate topping, subbing in a chocolate and white chocolate drizzle. This is a cheesecake thats often requested for holidays and occasions.
This is an OK cheesecake. It really does not rise very well the way a cheesecake should. The chocolate topping gets too hard and is difficult to eat with the cheesecake. I made it twice; however, same results with having more of a flat cheesecake. The second time I omitted the chocolate topping and frosted it with fresh whipped cream and white chocolate shavings. It was better the second time, but wished it would not be so flat.
i brought this to a neighborhood gathering and it was such a big hit everyone wanted the recipe so i printed out the recipe and wrote a little note to my neighbors and put them in each mailbox 25 of them truly one of the best cheesecakes ive ever had or made
I love this cheesecake. the white chocolate layer is a nice surprise in this yummy cheesecake.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >